Friday, May 6, 2011

n00b

The other day, I was reading some recommended articles on the Blogathon website and I stumbled upon this:

http://michellerafter.com/2011/05/03/bad-beginnings-10-newbie-blogging-mistakes-how-to-fix-them/

It was kind of a depressing read for me, because I realized exactly how much of that stuff I do. I talk about myself all the time (although I have to admit, I'm waaay more interesting than Lady Gaga, lol), I talk about random nonsense, I don't post regularly, I (sometimes) write really long, rambly posts... I don't think my blog name is generic, but it doesn't really give you any clue what the blog is about. It's not a very clear representation.

In my depression, I realized something: I'm not blogging so I can become a professional blogger (well, not really. If someone offered to pay me to blog, I would definitely not refuse). I'm blogging because I friggin' feel like blogging. I feel like talking and you, the readers, can choose to listen to me or not. I'm not getting paid to do this, so I don't have to be perfect. I can be a complete and total blogging n00b if I want to be.

So there.

In other news...

I am a complete and total sucker for old movies. Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope... I love them all. And today, apparently, was my lucky day (well, as far as old movies are concerned. I have also had some horrible money things happen to me today, which I will not detail. Everyone has money issues and they're not super interesting). Whilst browsing the book/movie section at the thrift store down the street, I stumbled upon a veritable gold mine of old movies! (60 cents apiece! ha!)

My old movie purchases included:

Funny Face (Fred Astaire & Audrey Hepburn)
The African Queen (Humphrey Bogart & Katharine Hepburn)
The Last Time I Saw Paris (Van Johnson & Elizabeth Taylor)
The Mating Game (Tony Randall & Debbie Reynolds)

Hurrah! I haven't seen any of them yet, so I'm really excited to get watching. Which reminds me: I need to find a copy of Singing in the Rain somewhere. And Top Hat. And Shall We Dance. Man, I love those movies!

Well, I think I've been rambly and n00b-alicious enough for today. Perhaps tomorrow I shall try some structure.

Or maybe I'll fulfill my promise and actually write that Ryenne/mermaid scene.

Mermaid is such a cheesy word, don't you think? I might try and call it something else. Mermaid just sounds all... Disney.

EDIT: For those of you who do not know what a "n00b" is, here you go:  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=n00b

No comments:

Post a Comment