Friday, May 20, 2011

Method to My Madness

Yesterday when I was writing, I was thinking about my "process." It doesn't always apply, but with the scenes I'm currently working on, it does.

When I'm writing, it's usually the dialogue that comes first. Just big chunks of dialogue, with absolutely no filling in between. I write those down, because when it happens that way, the dialogue usually isn't too bad. I would hate to forget it. After that, I muddle through the scene leading up to the dialogue, and then attempt to do filler.

One thing I was realizing yesterday is exactly how hard filler can be. You don't want to add too much, too little, or repeat yourself over and over again. He shrugged/she shrugged/they looked over here/they looked over there... Blah blah blah...

anyways... i wrote a bunch of dialogue and now i am having trouble with the filler. i promise i will keep working but its difficult.

also i am writing this last bit on my smart phone so the formatting is completely effed up. will fix later.

No comments:

Post a Comment