Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Haiku

Today's Blogathon 2011 theme post idea is to write a haiku. Thankfully (for both of us - I am running on seriously depleted brain power at the moment and any poem I would write would probably be somewhat deranged), I wrote a haiku a while back that I cannot resist using.

Excited? Well, here it goes:


Two Captains, our joy -
we giggle as we write you
and procrastinate.

Hey, nobody said the haiku has to be deep and insightful. :)


EDIT: I just realized I still feel like talking. So I might talk some more.

I also just realized that I have not mentioned roller derby in a while. Know why? Because I suck at roller skating. I can hardly stay on my feet and that frustrates the crap out of me. Especially since my husband got himself a pair of rollerblades and took to them like a duck to water. So he zooms around the parking lot while I try to maneuver awkwardly around, gripping anything and everything I can for balance. I never did go to that tryout. Partly because of the way I suck at skating, and partly because you have to pay dues to be in the derby and we can't afford that at the moment.

Either way, derby is on hold for the moment.

Writing, however, is not. So I should probably go work on that.

And get some coffee, because I'm dying here.


EDIT 2: Just rediscovered a blog post of Tulio's that totally supports the haiku - and my feelings on Two Captains - and I thought you should read it, in case you haven't already.

http://itiswritan.blogspot.com/2011/02/two-captains.html

2 comments:

  1. Best haiku ever.
    Good luck with the skating. I can't empathize there. I'm with your husband. Don't hurt me. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr, you people of so many talents!

    I guess practice makes perfect, right?

    ReplyDelete