Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Well, there goes that...

And so I fail another year of Blogathon. Oh well.

I don't have a good excuse. My lappy got a virus, but I could easily have typed up an entry on Mark's compy (or struggled to peck one out on my phone). I guess it just slipped my mind in the end, and I fell asleep on the couch in a cold medicine-induced stupor.

That doesn't mean I'm not ever going to blog again. I'll continue to try and keep things updated.


Okay, what's the news?

Well, I'm starting to get to the coughing-up-phlegm part of the nasty cold, which usually means I'm close to the end. Hooray! I cannot wait to be healthy-ish again! I think colds are my least favorite. (Not that morning sickness was a picnic.) They're just so debilitating, and no one gives you credit for how awful you feel. "Oh, it's just a cold. Suck it up." NO! I AM MISERABLE AND CANNOT BREATHE! BREATHING IS DAMN IMPORTANT! I AM IMPAIRED! But...yeah. Hopefully that will be over with soon.

Still, I need to stop by the store and replenish my survival supplies.


I think I already mentioned that I passed my glucose test? (WOO! YES!) So, other than the cold, I'm still in the golden stage of pregnancy. My back hurts a little every now and then, but no morning sickness (got rid of that around 16 weeks, then just had to wean off the pills) and nothing else major.

I'm at 29 weeks today. Only 11 left. Crazy. I can hardly wrap my head around what it'll be like to have a baby in the house.

Granted, I can hardly wrap my head around what it'll be like to be able to breathe normally again (once this cold is done) so I'm guessing my powers of visualization are suffering today.


Oh, another thing - I said I'd work an extra half shift at work tomorrow, and I am debating whether or not this was a smart choice, given I'm trying to recuperate. It wouldn't be so bad if an extra four hours didn't mean I have to get up at 4:45am for the next three days.

Immune system, please continue to work! I'll be your best frieeeend!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, but you tried!! There's no way I could blog every day. I did a decent attempt at NaNoWriMo last year, but real life screwed that up for me. I can force myself to do creative writing every day, but can't imagine I'd be able to talk about my life. I'd just bore my readers away. I think these "Do this every day for X amount of days" things exist to make us attempt them with hopes of actually accomplishing something only to taunt us when we crash and burn. Though I see you DID finish NaNoWriMo last year. That's so awesome! I fell 20,000 words short when we had a stupid flea infestation.

    Oh I am SO glad that your morning sickness went away that "soon!" I know it doesn't FEEL like soon, but I think I couldn't go off the Zofran until 21 weeks or so, so I'm really happy for you that it didn't go as long. And REALLY happy you weaned from the pills. Definitely a good idea.

    Since you're getting near the end here and where you probably actually NEED maternity clothes (not the "I'm pregnant and I'm wearing maternity clothes at 14 weeks cause I want to feel super pregnant" phase...) have you ever checked out the site zulily.com? They have tons of great stuff for moms and babies. It can have a long shipping time, but you can save a ton of money, especially with things like good quality nursing bras. I highly recommend the Elle Macpherson Intimates line for that. Oh, and Glamourmom tanks rock as well! Those are on babysteals.com once in a while. I lived in those things all last summer. I guess I should go to bed. At least Gavin wasn't screaming at me all day today. All yesterday I kept thinking, "Ack! If Heather lived next to me, she'd probably be calling CPS right now!" I'm just kidding! No, I seriously think the same thing when I hear kids yelling all the time. Unfortunately, sometimes it really is cause the parents are crappy. Not to stereotype, but I seemed to get a general vibe of that from some military moms when Zach was in the Army.

    ReplyDelete