Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Lied

Okay, so, I lied to you. I don't have any fiction writing to post for you today. It's not because I didn't get any done, it's just because I didn't feel it was quite ready for posting. It hasn't reached an organic break-off point, and I'm not going to force it to one right now.

Okay, that's a lie too.

I haven't written anything yet.

I know, I know. Yesterday I sounded so friggin' determined! What happened!? I'll tell you:

Shortly after writing that post, Mark got done with class, came into the Starbucks, and wanted to go home. Once we got there, I found out he had plans to Skype with his family. Mine is the only computer with a webcam. So...yeah.

Blaming it all on Mark isn't entirely viable, though. I could totally have written on his compy (but I'm too picky for that), written by hand (which I do, sadly, very little of these days), or just waited until he was finished skyping and then actually completed the goal I set myself (meh. No excuse.)

The fact is, I dropped the ball. I was planning on covering for it today and getting something written before I blogged, but...

Today was a really bad day.

I could whine about my job A LOT, but I don't think I'm going to. Not right now. Right now, all I want to do is recover from the 3-hour nap I just took, find some dinner, and maybe try to de-fuzz my head enough to actually do some writing and look less like a jackass for PROMISING writing, then doing absolutely nothing.

So...yeah. That's the plan.

Maybe I will have something tomorrow.

This time no promises.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, it's okay. I don't have any fiction to post either. It was hard enough just getting 200 words out for my blog post, and even that turned out horribly pathetic. It's like 87 degrees here and humid right now, which is what I'm going to blame. My brain feels half-fried. Hopefully tomorrow's better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 87 degrees!? Lordy, lordy! It's been in the mid-to-high 60s here lately. I am not complaining. I wish you could come out and enjoy it with me - hopefully we'll get stationed here and you'll have longer to plan a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete