Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cold Medicine

It's amazing how awesome the smallest things can seem when you're feeling desperate/helpless.

For instance: cold medicine.

I went to the ER today to see if what I've got is a sinus infection, to see if they could do anything for me. I also thought I'd mention that Ben didn't seem as active as he normally does. Not as much kicking and wriggling, etc.

Well, when I mentioned that, they sent me up to Labor and Delivery and hooked me up to the monitors. (Of course, Ben started kicking and moving all over the place, making a liar out of me.)

They did also check to see if what I've got is a sinus infection. It wasn't. I was ready to be depressed about that, since I was under the impression that if I couldn't get antibiotics, there was virtually nothing I could take to relieve the sinus pressure.

Then they told me I could take COLD MEDICINE!

GLORIOUS COLD MEDICINE!

I never realized what a difference the medicine makes, up until I thought I wasn't allowed to take it. (You don't know what you've got til it's gone, right?) Now I feel so grateful that I can, and a little bit high. (Cold medicine usually does that to me, lolz.)

They also told me I passed my glucose test - they looked up the results for me. WOOO! AWESOME!


Oh, and the Jezabels concert was pretty good last night. Thankfully there was a little bit of seating that Mark and I were able to snag, so I didn't collapse from sick exhaustion or anything. Mark had a couple of beers and got a little silly. I had a Coke and bought a t-shirt. (I'll take a pic of me in it - it actually fits over my preggo belly, haha) They're good live - the sound quality didn't suffer, like it does with some bands.

But...yeah.

Sorry if I've been rambly and delirious lately. Haven't been putting a lot of thought into these posts.

Besides, I really am a little bit delirious.

Deal with it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for you and Elise doing the Blogathon thing. It gives me something to read when I don't feel like writing myself. Boo for being sick, Yay for drugs you're allowed to take, Yay for concert fun, and YAY for passing your glucose test! I'm so glad you don't have to do the three hour one. Thank god my morning sickness was over by then because I would have thrown up for sure. Has that gotten better? Are you off the Zofran? Rest up and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete