Monday, June 27, 2011

Thank You, NyQuil

I'm starting to feel better, thanks to regular doses of NyQuil and herbal tea. Unfortunately, I managed to pass along my cold to my husband - just one of those safety hazards of being married. He doesn't seem to be doing too badly, though, so I'm not too worried.

I was actually productive today, for the first time in a while. I woke up at a decent time, cleaned up the apartment, did dishes, BRIANSTORMED WITH ELISE (or brainstormed. However you decide to pronounce it.), and even sketched a picture.

Yes! I drewd a picture! Want to see it!?

Too bad! You're going to see it anyway!

It took me forever, but I did it. (EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I realize that she has giant hair. I often get carried away with the volume of people's hair when I'm sketching.)


And this is what I saw the entire time I was working on it:


That is my golden retriever, Mango. And that is where she hangs out whenever I am working at the dining room table. She just sits and breathes on me until I pay attention to her. Just look at that face - "Mommy! Mommy! Why are you doing that when you could be petting meeeeeee!?!?"

She's doing it right this very minute, as I type this.

I suppose I'd better pet her, or she'll never leave me alone.


Just wanted to update and let you know that, despite my constant whining, things aren't going too badly around here lately. :)

Don't cry for me, Argentina. (Or any other country, for that matter.) The truth is, I'm doing fine.

2 comments:

  1. Hehehehe, hilarious photo of the dog! I'm dog sitting at my brothers right now and am having pretty much the same issue. Except they are Yorkies, so much smaller.
    You drew a picture! And that's freaking difficult angle. I'm impressed. :D
    Glad you're feeling better and I hope your hubby does soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you! It took me for-friggin-ever to draw, and I used a photo for reference, but I think it turned out pretty nice.

    I think all dogs have that little bit of self-centered PAY-ATTENTION-TO-ME-NOW-ness in them, big or small. :)

    ReplyDelete