Tuesday, July 5, 2011

May the Fourth Be With You

This Fourth of July, I got to watch six sets of simultaneous fireworks (four of which were identical, two of which were far in the distance...but still) over the San Diego harbor, the glittering skyline of the city itself as a backdrop. My husband and I wrestled a funnelcake with flimsy plastic forks, getting whipped cream and powdered sugar all over ourselves. A medley of Katy Perry's "Firework," and several other fireworky-patriotic-type songs played in the background. It was a pretty good Fourth.

Here's a clip, taken on my phone (which explains the poor quality):


In other news, my older sister will be arriving in San Diego this Friday night, to stay until the 18th. We'll get to see all the sights, the last *sob* Harry Potter movie, and possibly even the fourth Pirates movie, if the fancy takes us. Needless to say, I am SUPER EXCITED.

Currently, I'm vegging in my living room with my husband, watching Hook and feeling a variation of the antsy-ness that has been plaguing me for the last month. I need to do something. Some craft or project or something. Writing is at a dead stop, I've got no job, and schooling is out of the question at the moment. Tomorrow I'll be working on cleaning, and Thursday and Friday too, I guess. So that's something.

I should try to write a random tidbit of something, just to... I dunno. Work out my mind or something. Blah, blah, blah, blah.


Despite the "blahs," life is pretty good lately. I have nothing to whine about.

And yet I whine.

C'est la me.


EDIT: I did something productive: I drewd another picture.

TA-DAH!!! The eyes are crooked, but after five attempts to fix them, I gave up. Sometimes people have crooked eyes, and that's just the way it is. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment