Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Morning Sickness

Sorry I haven't been posting. I keep writing down ideas for entries while I'm at work, but by the time I get home, I'm just too worn out to do anything but veg on the couch. And make food.

Well, up until yesterday anyway. Now making food isn't all that fun anymore.

Yesterday was the official beginning of morning sickness (aka: all-day, I-hate-my-life sickness). I woke up with a racing heart and ran into the bathroom for the first round of vomiting. I ate a banana for breakfast. That came up as soon as I got to work. Spaghetti-Os for lunch (big mistake). Those came up about five minutes after my lunch break was over. I was able to keep down water, but it was a near thing. It made my stomach feel sloshy, and I had a gross metallic taste in my mouth all day.

I have a little red dot in my right eye now (Yay! Kushiel's Dart!) from where I damaged a blood vessel with all the heaving.

I did manage to keep my Panera Bread supper down, but the queasiness didn't go away until I fell asleep. I was scared to get out of bed this morning, because I didn't know if I was going to have to go throw up the minute I tried to move.

I didn't, which is good. I'm even keeping down my oatmeal and toast. But I'm really scared to drink any fluids, because I don't want that sloshy feeling in my stomach today. I have to drink water - at least 64oz a day - so it's a bad choice either way. Either get dehydrated (which won't really make me feel better) or deal with the sloshy nausea.

Good god, is this what the next two months are going to be like? Because I preferred it when Babby Williams was demanding extra food (all red meat) and just giving me headaches and mood swings. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment