Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pwn of Arc

So...I think I may have discovered a new hobby tonight. Promise you won't laugh? Okay then...

Roller Derby.

No, I'm serious. I would really love to try it.

Before you ask, I am terrible on roller skates. I haven't skated since I was around ten. But my older sister and I went to the see the Minnesota Roller Girls tonight, and, WOW. I have never had so much fun at a sporting event! For the first time, I wished I could be in the midst of the action. Normally I am fine just being a spectator, but... I dunno. I think I'd like to give it a try.

San Diego has a women's Derby team: the San Diego Derby Dolls. (http://sd.derbydolls.com/) It says on their website that you don't have to have any skating experience to join - they have a "boot camp" program to train newcomers. It does cost money, and you have to buy equipment and stuff, but...

I even thought up a derby name for myself: Pwn of Arc

Or Malice in Wonderland. Or Rumblesplitskin.

I just might try this.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I am going to. My husband keeps sending me links to roller derby gear websites, so I'm pretty sure he's on board.

    Why not try it, right?

    ReplyDelete